Sabado, Nobyembre 22, 2014

Book Review No. 8: The Fault in Our Stars

BOOK REVIEW #8:

The Fault in Our Stars

Author: John Green


Death is a reality that is hard to accept, but what is more difficult than death is being left behind by the person you cherish the most.

Review:

It breaks my heart everytime I read this book. The story was wonderfully made by the author. At first, I had my doubts but as the story progressed on, it became more enjoyable because of the wit and sense of humor of the characters. I love all the characters for they were so realistic.


This story centers on a girl who has cancer, her name is Hazel. She felt as if she was a grenade, ready to blow anytime. Her destruction meant the destruction of the things around her which was her parents for she knew they would greatly be devastated. Then she met a cancer survivor in the person of Augustus Waters, she did not want to fall in love for she did not want him to be hurt. But they could not stop their feelings, they fell in love with each other.


She thought that she would hurt him but actually, it was the other way around. Unknowingly, the cancer cells of the guy returned which leaves him just a few more weeks or months to live. It was heartbreaking for the guy who once was so active and humorous to lose his humor in the face of death. This book is a story of the painful struggle against cancer and how reality is harsh and leaves no one unscathed. 


I can't stop raving about how great this book is. If you ever plan on reading this, you should prepare yourselves a box of tissue and a glass of water for this will leave you dehydrated. As I almost reached the ending of the book, I cried and cried ( I am a crybaby, you know). Maybe the reason why I kept crying was because the story is not impossible, it can happen in real life. The turn out of events were even more heartbreaking and that was then I realized how painful the life of a cancer patient is, being like a grenade, ready to self destruct anytime.


Upon finishing the book, I gained a different perception of life. I realized how every moment in life is precious as well as how important the people around you are. I was also able to realize that sometimes being left behind can be more painful than death. This book is definitely worth everyone's time. I definitely look forward to reading more of John Green's works.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento