Sabado, Nobyembre 22, 2014

Book Review No. 6: The Selection #2: The Elite

BOOK REVIEW #6

The Selection #2: The Elite

Author: Kiera Cass



Review:

Disappointment, that is what I felt throughout the entire book. I was actually looking forward to this second book because the first one definitely killed me with curiosity but no, it was a big disappointment. I actually had hopes that when I reach the middle part or the near-the-ending part, the book might gradually improve but it did not. I did not enjoy the content at all. It was frustrating to read how she was so immature and how she was going back and forth with the two guys who were crazy for her.

At first, I really love America's character but in this book she became so annoying because she was so indecisive. It was as if she was going back and forth between the two guys, clearly not making up her mind . My impression on her was that she was using Aspen as a second choice if ever Maxon does something wrong to her which is really messed up. I guess that is just my opinion and how I read her actions. I felt so sorry  for Maxon because he met America and dealt with her immaturity. 


He also experienced so much heartbreak because of her first love not even knowing that they are meeting secretly. Nevertheless, I hope they end up with each other because despite their frustrating and pointless arguments, they still had sweet and heart-fluttering moments. As for Aspen, I really wanted him for America at first but he let her go and despite whatever reason he had at that time, trying to win her back now won't work. It is too late and all he should do now is to stop confusing the poor girl. He is going to get himself and America in trouble if ever someone discovers their secret escapades. 


All in all, I was disappointed with this book. I am usually a reader who is open-minded enough to love different kinds of books but this book just really gets on my nerve. On the positive side though, the cover looks really pretty and the model looks stunning with the red gown. Sadly though, the content did not justify the book cover. I hope the next book will improve and I still look forward to it.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento