BOOK REVIEW # 1:
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
Author: Michael Scott
![]() | ||
| Author: Michael Scott |
Review:
First of all, the cover of the book really suits it and at one glance from its cover, you can tell that the story involves magic. I first read this book last 2012 but after a chapter or two, I stopped. I resumed reading this book due to a recommendation from a friend of mine so I decided to give it another try.The story first started with the twins, Sophie and Josh Newman working normally in their respective workplaces located just in front of each other's. Then a fight erupted but it was no ordinary fight for the people involved in the fight used golems and magic (or shall we call alchemy) against each other. This was an astonishing sight for the twins who were the only witnesses to this fight. Because of what the twins had witnessed, they were no longer considered normal for they now know the secrets of the past thus leaving them with no chance but to follow Flamel in order to keep themselves and their families safe from Dr. Dee. As the story progressed, the plot became interesting and makes the readers think about what the prophecy actually meant.
I also admire how the author, Mr. Scott, was so impressive and creative in using different gods and goddesses from Irish, Egyptian, Greek and Roman mythologies. He combined them in one book and made them interact with each other in the most natural way. Towards the middle part of the book, it became more interesting as the twins began encountering different gods and goddesses and trying their best not to aggravate and be killed by them. In the ending part of the first book, it was becoming more intriguing since Josh Newman was confused on what side to choose and who they should trust. Furthermore, the awakening of Sophie's powers made Josh jealous.
To sum up everything, I fell in love with this book. At first, it was a bit boring but as the story progressed on, it became jam-packed with alchemy. I look forward to the ending of this series and whether or not the twins will overthrow evil or will be divided because of evil. I also look forward if Nicholas can free his love from the clutches of the Elders before the spell of the elixir fades. This book will definitely make you ask for more.

I've actually finished the second book already, you've got to start reading it!! It gets even more interesting than the first book!
TumugonBurahinI agree the book is really nice and has a lot of magic stuff in it :D
TumugonBurahin